Thursday, October 9, 2008

October




Hudson having a snack



Ella and Hudson playing together




Hudson watching Baby Einstein



Ella playing



Ella has adapted her crawl when she has on a dress so that she doesn't get caought up in it.



My little monkey!



Am I the only one that cannot believe that it is already October and that Ella is 9 months old??!! Where has the time gone? The older I get, the faster time flies! I recently set the screensaver on our computer to do a slide show of pictures saved on our computer. I have been able to see pictures of all sorts from over the years, all the way back to Jenn's baby shower for Reagan, the pre-Ella years, and Ella's first few months here. We have made many unforgettable memories with all of our friends and family. Thank you so much for being a huge part of our lives!

Ella had her 9 month check-up this morning. She is 17 lbs. and 12 oz and 28 inches long. That puts her in the 75th percentile for her height and 25-50th percentile for her weight, which is consistent with what's she been doing so far. Dr. Everett assures me she is far from being underweight and lots of jelly rolls to prove it! She almost got of there without any shots since she is up to date on her immunizations until 12 months, but then Mommy decided she needed a flu shot. As a nurse, I could not have been prouder of her. She didn't flench or even shed a tear. My baby is the best patient ever! She is now wearing 9 month sizes, so we have been doing some shopping lately. It's been a little hard knowing what to get because we are still between seasons. The night and evenings are cool, but it still gets up to the 80's during the day. The warm weather clothes are too small, and the cool weather clothes are too big.

Ella is quickly on her way to walking. She still enjoys walking along the furniture and gets frustrated that she can't stand up without holding onto something. Today I bought a push toy that she can use to help her learn to walk. By the time we got home, she was too exhausted to try it out, so we will have to see how it goes. I'm hoping I didn't just waste my money! She is much more verbal and interactive with anyone that cares to listen. And if you are not listening, she will be sure to get your attention. Just this week, she has finally started enjoying the attention she gets from strangers when we are out and about. She used to just glare at them and make a scowl face. I kept telling she needed to start being sweeter and smile are people. I guess she realized she could get further with a few cute smiles and babbles. She is starting to clap, or at least attempt to do so. When she gets excited, she claps by patting her right hand on her left left forearm. We are also working on high fives, waving, and blowing kisses.

Mr. Reagan will be very jealous to know that Ella had a playdate with another young man. Don't worry, Reagan, they are only friends! Hudson Layne came over to play while his mommy had a meeting in Dallas. I quickly learned what it would be like having two little ones instead of just one. Let's just say I'm in no hurry to have another just yet. He was the perfect little gentleman, and Ella enjoyed having a playmate. Sometimes they could care less what the other one was doing. Other times, they both had to be doing the exact same thing. Fortunately, no one was upset if a toy was stolen. Hudson would feel guilty about taking it and immediately try to give it back to Ella. They enjoyed a picnic on the carpet with cookies and puffs and playing outside in the yard. Hudson is welcome back anytime!

No comments: